Students can develop their skills and interests by joining student organisations or unions, i.a.
Student Self-Government represents students’ interests before the university authorities and prevents the violation of university regulations. It acts to advocate students’ interests.
The UITM Graduates’ Club integrates alumni of the University of Information Technology and Management. By supporting graduates’ initiatives, it strengthens ties between the University and its graduates, assists in students` professional development, and furthers their business ideas.
The University communicates with club members via the online service: absolwent.wsiz.pl. Through this site each student can find something interesting, i.e. photos from graduations and reunions, alumni success stories, and even cooperation opportunities in different areas.
Are you a UITM graduate? Sign up and play a part in creating an active community of UITM graduates. Membership is free of charge.
Academic Sports Association was established in 1997. The club’s main aim is to promote and develop academic sports activity by participating in local tournaments and championships since 1998. The association has held Private Higher School Championships since 1999. There are nine sports sections in the Academic Sports Association: football, men and women’s judo, men and women’s volleyball, men’s basketball, skiing, yachting and tourism.
Academic Choir was set up in 1999 and since that time it has won awards and distinction in the country and abroad.
‘Karpaty’ Folk Song and Dance Ensemble was created in April of 2000. Since the beginning it has given many performances in Poland and abroad, including international folk festival in Belgium, Turkey and Cyprus.
- participation in conferences, competitions and study visits
- organization of open lectures, conferences and seminars at the university
- taking part in regular meetings during which current problems and trends related to aviation market are discussed.
- Analysis of aviation topics popular among public opinion
- Discussions about the potential development of the field of study
- Analysis of historical ups and downs of major aviation companies
- Evenings with aviation films
- Interesting facts
- Opportunities for professional development in the industry
- A field trip to the Lublin Airport as part of the Open Day
- “Control – the Highest Form of Trust” – an open lecture by Maciej Pasierb, air traffic controller at the Kraków-Balice International Airport
- An open lecture by Mr Łukasz Sikora, head of marketing at Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport, sp. z o.o.
- Participation in the competition “Get away from Rzeszów in the Spring Time!” Organized by Rzeszów-Airport. ‘Closer to You’
- Organization of the aviation panel as part of the conference “Learning and Passion – the Key to Success”
- Open lecture entitled “Civil Aviation in Poland – full of Surprises Development?” Delivered by Mr. Zbigniew Mączka – Chief of the Rzeszów Delegation of the Civil Aviation Office
- Organization of a field trip to the Kraków-Balice Airport, combined with a visit to security restricted areas
- Participation in the “Current problems of Aviation Law” National Conference.
Institute for the Research on Civilizations was established in October 2006. It brings together UITM students of all nationalities. Meetings, which take place on average once a month, focus on the multicultural world and are conducted in Polish, English and Ukrainian languages.
In addition to the meetings, students participate actively in organizing and conducting events on behalf of the Institute for the Study on Civilizations, including: Australian, Kazakh and Malaysian Days, Christmas Eve and Easter or the Letter Writing Marathon in cooperation with the Amnesty International. In addition, the club members conduct multicultural workshops for students of secondary schools from the Podkarpackie region.
Members of the Institute for the Research on Civilizations scientific interest club also participate in lectures and seminars organized by the institute, as well as take an active part in national and international conferences.
dr Zofia Sawicka, firstname.lastname@example.org
mgr S.K. Mazur, email@example.com