On the basis of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education as of 19th January 2018 on undertaking and continuing studies and trainings by foreigners, students who wish to pursue their studies in English language in Poland are required to submit a certificate in English as a proof of their English language proficiency.
NOTE: The requirement doesn’t concern applicants for whom English was the language of instruction at high school/university at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
LIST OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY CERTIFICATES:
- First Certificate in English (FCE), Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage – at least Pass, Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher, Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – at least 87 points in the Internet-Based Test version (iBT), at least 180 points in the Computer-Based Test version (CBT) completed with at least 50 points in Test of Spoken English (TSE), at least 510 points from the Paper-based test (Computer-based at least 180 points) and at least 3,5 points from the written work.
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) – at least 700 points from the test.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – First Class Pass at Intermediate Level, Higher Intermediate Level, Advanced Level – issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute).
- London Tests of English, Level 3 (Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International); London Tests of English, Level 4 (Edexcel Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International); London Tests of English, Level 5 (Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International).
- International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) – “Communicator”, “Expert” and “Mastery” levels – issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute). Spoken English Test (SET) for Business – Stage B “Communicator”, Stage C “Expert”, Stage C “Mastery” – issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications). English for Business Communications (EBC) – Level 2, Level 3; English for Office Skills (EOS) – Level 2.
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) – English for Business Level 2, English for Business Level 3, English for Business Level 4 – certificates issued by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board. London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) – Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE). London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) – English for Tourism Level 2 (“Pass with Credits” level, “ Pass with Distinction” level).
- International English Language Testing System IELTS – above 6 credits – certificates issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, the British Council and Education Australia.
- European Consortium for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Languages (ECL).
- B2 Certificate in English – advantage, B2 Certificate in English for Business Purposes advantage, Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2), telc English B2, telc English B2 Business, telc English B2 Technical, telc English C1.
- Diplomas of completion of: a) studies in a foreign language philology or applied linguistics;
b) teacher training college;
c) the National School of Public Administration (KSAP).
- International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- European Baccalaureate Diploma.
- Confirmation of finished previous studies with English as medium of instruction.
- English certificate at ministerial level a) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
b) at the Ministry directed by the minister competent for economic issues, the Ministry of International Economic Cooperation, Ministry of International Trade and the Ministry of International Trade and Maritime Economy;
c) at the Ministry of National Defense – level 3333, level 4444 according to STANAG 6001.
- A foreign language certificate issued by KSAP based on exam in a foreign language.
- A certificate issued by KSAP confirming professional qualification for high-ranking government position.
- A document confirming the entry into into Public Register of Sworn Translator