Application Documents

Documents required from foreign students wishing to apply for an undergraduate programme (Bachelor). 

Application Documents UITM Rzeszow

Required documents  to be sent by e- mail (in PDF or JPG format):

  1. Cover letter addressed to the Vice President for International Relations including justification of one’s choice of a particular field of study;

  2. Application form (>>>download here<<<), filled out and duly signed by the candidate;

  3. Curriculum Vitae in English signed by the candidate;

  4. Secondary School Diploma including a marksheet (original copy and sworn translation into English or Polish) with Apostille or legalized by the Polish Embassy;

    NOTE: If there is no information about the course/process of education in the Secondary School Diploma, the following documents must be attached:

    a) transcript of grades obtained in the final exams which enable completing school or a certain level of education

    b) a list of subjects with grades

    c) information on curriculum (its content, the number of years, grading scale)

  5. Confirmation issued by a pertinent institution in which it is stated that the diploma entitles the holder to undertake studies in the country where the diploma was issued;

  6. Certificate of English Language Proficiency.

    NOTE: The requirement does not apply to applicants for whom English is either the native language or was the instruction language at school.

    The list of accepted certificates which confirm foreign language skills at B2 or higher level in accordance with the Common European Framework (>>>read more<<<);
  7. Copy of passport (photo and personal data section);

  8. Health certificate including a clause that the student is in good health and is capable of commencing studies;

  9. 1 Photograph 35x45 mm (undamaged, up-to-date colour photographs exposed evenly on a light background, made not earlier than 6 months before).



Documents to be delivered on arrival:

  1. Birth Certificate translated into English or Polish language with sworn translator;

  2. 4 Photographs (white background 35mm x 45mm);

  3. Insurance;

  4. Visa / TRC copy.



Important Notes



Every foreign student is obliged to purchase health insurance. EU/EEA citizens should possess European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

For Non-EU/EEA it is highly recommended to sign a health insurance agreement with the Polish National Health Fund (the monthly rate is PLN 46.80) or with one of private medical centers which covers all basic health services. There are no exceptions to this rule in accordance with the ordinance of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education October 12, 2006, Art.1, Point 2, Section 3, on foreigners undertaking and continuing studies and participating in scientific research and training.



Nostrification is a procedure whereby a foreign educational qualification is compared to its Polish equivalent and their equivalence determined.

According to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education  of October 12, 2006, Art.1, Point 6 on foreigners undertaking and continuing studies and participating in scientific research and training: “The candidate is required to submit a certificate stating its equivalence with the relevant Polish maturity certificate / diploma of higher education, not later than till the end of the first semester of studies”. Failing to comply with this requirement will result in the student’s expulsion from the university. The Education Office in Rzeszow (Kuratorium Oświaty w Rzeszowie) is a pertinent institution in charge of the nostrification procedure.

NOTE: Recognition of a certificate is not necessary in the following cases:

  • certificates or other documents issued by schools operating in educational systems of EU, OECD or EFTA members, which allow access to higher education institutions in those countries (at present: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Spain, the Netherlands, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Canada, South Korea, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Mexico, Germany, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, USA, Hungary, Great Britain, Italy);

  • IB diplomas (International Baccalaureate) issued by International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva;

  • EB diplomas (European Baccalaureate) issued by European Schools in accordance with the Convention drawn up in  Luxembourg on 21 June 1994;

  • certificates issued in countries with which Poland has signed bilateral agreements concerning the recognition of education (certificates issued under the agreements which expired will still be recognized on the basis of those agreements).



Temporary residence permit is a kind of residence permit which you may apply for when your visa expires and you are still planning to stay in Poland. The first permit is issued for a period of 15 months (the period of the academic year or the preparatory course, extended for a period of three months). The next permit may be granted for the maximum period of 3 years. The  minimum amount required while applying for the temporary residence permit in Schengen area is 543 PLN per person/month, or its equivalent in a foreign currency.



For enquiries related to admissions please contact:

International Office
ul. Sucharskiego 2
35-225 Rzeszów

Tel. +48 (0)17 866-13-23

Tel. +48 (0)17 866-13-24

Fax. +48 (0)17 866-13-27



For general enquiries please contact:

Interational Relations Department
ul. Sucharskiego 2
35-225 Rzeszów

Tel. +48 (0) 17 866-12-24

Fax. +48 (0) 17 866-13-12


All materials contained on this site are solely for the
information purposes and does not contain an offer within the meaning of article 66 of Civil Code.